Date: November 7, 2015
I think it would have been terrible to live during World War II. Although families were important, if someone in their family would get "the red paper" (someone got drafted), he had to go to war. Even though they had never had the training for war, they were not allowed to say "No".
In those days, the emperor had absolute power, and what the emperor says used to be absolute. They only had to obey the words. They had believed that Japan was strong, even though it was not.
Nobody could end the war until the United States dropped atomic bombs in Hiroshima and in Nagasaki. From what I've heard, atomic bombs were to stop the war.
If I'd lived back then, my dad might have gone to war and he might have never returned. And as a result, it might have been a really hard time for a while in order to live.
There is nothing to get from war. It's been 70 years since then. I hope not to start a war again.
- Speech Series
- Talking About Your Views on Technology
- Talking About a Memorable Historical Event
- Talking About Your Hopes and Plans
- Talking About a Past Era
- Talking About a Favorite Building
- Talking About a Significant Experience in Your Life
- Talking about a Controversial Topic
- Talking About a Frightening Experience in Your Entire Life
- Talking About Global Issues
- Talking About a Travel Experience
- Talking About Best and Worst TV Shows
- Talking About a Memorable Relative
- Describing a Favorite Restaurant
- Talking about a Tradition You Admire
- Talking about the Firsts
- Talking About Working Style
- Speech Series