Date: August 6, 2016
When I was 23, I went to Vancouver in Canada for a homestay for 4 weeks. The homestay program included an English school in the morning, I had a free time in the afternoon. It was my first time traveling abroad.
The main purpose of the stay was to reset myself from everything and to start over again.
My homework was to keep a diary every day in English. It was a good thing to build up my English.
Some of the classmates were Japanese so we used to go sightseeing together. We went to Harbor Centre and we had dinner on the observation level. It was really expensive, but we had a great time.
One of the most impressing things of my stay was that the host family was eating raw mix vegetables like celery and carrot. I'd never eaten that and I didn't like that at the first time. But now I can eat celery and raw carrot.
I also learned how to discipline their kids. When a little boy did something bad, his mother told him to go upstairs. When I was a kid and did really bad thing, my parents used to tell me to get out of the house. That's different.
I've learn a lot. I thought Japan was a very small country. I could broaden my horizons.
- Speech Series
- Talking About Your Views on Technology
- Talking About a Memorable Historical Event
- Talking About Your Hopes and Plans
- Talking About a Past Era
- Talking About a Favorite Building
- Talking About a Significant Experience in Your Life
- Talking about a Controversial Topic
- Talking About a Frightening Experience in Your Entire Life
- Talking About Global Issues
- Talking About a Travel Experience
- Talking About Best and Worst TV Shows
- Talking About a Memorable Relative
- Describing a Favorite Restaurant
- Talking about a Tradition You Admire
- Talking about the Firsts
- Talking About Working Style
- Speech Series